As a senior get older, they experience a couple of changes in their bodily functions that may alter a few aspects of their life. One of those changes is hearing loss.
According to professionals of home care in Melbourne, Florida, hearing loss due to aging is a common condition that affects many older adults. An estimate of 1in 2 adults over the age of 65 experience some degree of hearing loss.
Hearing loss happens gradually over time, caused by various changes in the inner ear, which may include:
- Alterations in the structures of the inner ear
- Changes in blood flow to the ear
- Impairment in the nerves responsible for hearing
- Changes in brain processes for speech and sound
- Damage to the tiny hairs in the ear that are responsible for transmitting sound to the brain
If you or someone you know have symptoms of age-related hearing loss, have your doctor diagnose your/their condition. You will have to complete a full physical exam to rule out other causes of hearing loss.
Dynamiks Home Care, Inc. not only provides care for the elderly. We also offer pediatric home health in Orlando, Florida for children who need help coping with health conditions that they otherwise cannot handle.