Cerebral palsy is a brain disorder that affects mobility and muscle tone. It can often lead to seizures, speech impairment, and eating disorders. Children with cerebral palsy enjoy and learn through play. Pediatric Home Health in Orlando, Florida has many activities for children with cerebral palsy. However, it may be more challenging for them to explore and interact with their surroundings due to motor skill delays.
All children learn through play. A Pediatric Nurse in West Palm Beach, Florida would provide the care your child needs while exploring and developing cognitive, emotional, communication and motor skills. Here are some ways to aid your child with cerebral palsy during playtime at home:
- Provide a safe space for your child to explore. Keep the area open and clear from obstacles and hazards.
- Arrange for various positions for your child’s different playtime experiences. Children with disabilities may need to be positioned; you can position them side-lying, back, stomach, and supported sitting.
- Supply equipment of many uses that will develop their senses, skills, and interests. You can change the selection of toys to increase the interest of your child.
- Be observant of your child’s sensory preferences. Some children may prefer a quiet and peaceful environment over loud or busy surroundings. Use simple and concise directions when explaining how to play a game.
- Most important of all, keep it fun! Include playmates, if possible. Pediatric Care in Orange County could help parents supervise activities to make it safe and fun for everyone.
Dynamiks Home Care, Inc. is a committed and competent Home Care in Melbourne, Florida that provides high-quality care for your family with compassionate and professional careers.